Author

wanderer

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 04:15:51 pm

Northwest Airlines Announces Expanded Service at Memphis Hub and New Indianapolis - Denver Service
Monday February 19, 2:25 pm ET

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Northwest Airlines today announced that it will enhance and expand service to Denver, Las Vegas, Orlando and Seattle from its Memphis hub as well as add new daily service between Indianapolis and Denver.

NEW FLIGHTS FROM MEMPHIS HUB

Las Vegas

With the addition of a new morning departure between Memphis and Las Vegas, Northwest will increase its daily nonstop schedule to two flights, beginning May 2.

Flight 545 will depart Memphis at 8:30 a.m. and arrive in Las Vegas at 10:07 a.m. Flight 544 will depart Las Vegas at 11:45 p.m. and arrive in Memphis at 5:05 a.m., the next morning.

Orlando

Between Memphis and Orlando, Northwest will increase its schedule from three to four daily frequencies, beginning May 2. The addition of a fourth flight provides business and leisure travelers with a broader choice of flight options.

Flight 944 will depart Memphis at 2:15 p.m., and arrive in Orlando at 5:07 p.m. Flight 943 will depart Orlando at 5:40 p.m., and arrive in Memphis at 6:45 p.m.

Seattle

Northwest is also adding a second daily flight between Memphis and Seattle, starting June 7 from Memphis and June 8 from Seattle. The new evening departure from Memphis will complement the airline's existing morning flight.

Flight 985 will depart Memphis at 6:35 p.m., and arrive in Seattle at 9:02 p.m. Flight 984 will depart Seattle at 6:55 a.m. and arrive in Memphis at 1:05 p.m.

The additional Memphis-Seattle flights will be operated with 148-seat Airbus A320 aircraft which offers more opportunities for customers to upgrade to a large, first class cabin featuring 16 seats.

Denver

By June 7, Northwest will be adding hundreds of seats to Denver when it begins operating the Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft on its three daily Memphis-Denver flights. The Airbus aircraft will replace 50-passenger Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ) aircraft currently utilized on the route.

"The new and added flights, along with the larger aircraft being utilized on our Memphis-Denver service, reflect our continuing commitment to provide business and leisure travelers with more non-stop choices to leading destinations," said Tom Bach, Northwest vice president-network planning and revenue management.

NEW INDIANAPOLIS - DENVER SERVICE

Northwest's new service between Indianapolis and Denver, starting June 7, will be operated with the modern Airbus A319 aircraft with seating for 16 in first class and 108 in coach class.

New Indianapolis - Denver Service

Flight number: Departs: Arrives:

NW 325 8:50 a.m. 9:29 a.m.

New Denver - Indianapolis Service

Flight number: Departs: Arrives:

NW 324 4:00 p.m. 8:25 p.m.

All of Northwest's new flights are currently available for sale through the airline's Web site at www.nwa.com, Northwest Reservations Centers at 1-800-225-2525, or through travel agents.

NORTHWEST MARKS NEW SERVICE WITH DOUBLE BONUS MILES OFFER

Members of Northwest's WorldPerks program can qualify for double bonus miles when they fly Memphis to/from Denver, Las Vegas and Orlando between May 2 and June 15, and between Indianapolis and Denver from June 7 to August 20. Instant online enrollment is available at www.nwa.com. Registration is required prior to travel. Additional terms and conditions apply. For complete details visit www.nwa.com/offers/mem07 for Memphis and www.nwa.com/offers/ind07 for Indianapolis. The air portion of WorldVacations packages will also qualify for double bonus miles.

Northwest Airlines is one of the world's largest airlines with hubs at Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Memphis, Tokyo and Amsterdam, and approximately 1,400 daily departures. Northwest is a member of SkyTeam, an airline alliance that offers customers one of the world's most extensive global networks. Northwest and its travel partners serve more than 900 cities in excess of 160 countries on six continents.

I mentioned this elsewhere...I kept the MEM info in this post.

I believe this is NWA gearing up for Frontier launching service in Memphis, but continuing competition with Frontier in IND.

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 04:20:47 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Thanks for the info. I'll post the news on the home page.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

ATAIndy

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 06:28:58 pm

ATAIndy

I was just reading about this on A.net, I'm glad their bringing the service back.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

Indy

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 03:51:35 am

Indy
Site Admin

Either I didn't realize this or it changed but DEN service is seasonal and ends August 20th.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  NWA to DEN

Pages(s):  1