Author

Indy

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 01:14:39 am

Indy
Site Admin

A birdie told me that NW is looking to go twice weekly to Cancun this winter pending approval by the Mexican government.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Indy

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 02:23:29 am

Indy
Site Admin

The birdie was correct. The second weekly flight starts Feb 21st and ends April 25th.

IND-CUN Flight 1781 Departs 3:05pm
CUN-IND Flight 1780 Departs 5:20pm

The new flight will also be served by the A320.

The Saturday service starts Jan 6, 2007 and ends August 18, 2007

Paintrain

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 05:08:04 pm

would nwa ever make it a daily and try and get connection traffic dur its seasonal service here

Indy

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46:02 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I'd like to see them make it Saturday service all year like F9 does. Assuming that Frontier kept it up.

Paintrain

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:49:03 pm

why is saturday so popular

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33:00 am

Indy
Site Admin

Because you get off work on friday and start your vacation on saturday Smile

7E72004

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 01:02:49 pm

AirTran Reporter

Ok...i have flown a lot before but have never had the headaches we had like i did on thursday. My flight from IND-DTW on 11/16 was delayed an hour (instead of 5:12, we left at 6:12pm) because of a problem in loading luggage (what that means who knows!). We finally take off for DTW, land and get to the gate without any problem. I even had some time to get some very cool video of the tunnel at DTW Smile

I then headed to gate A73 for my flight to PHL. We did not leave the gate for 30 minutes because another PHL flight was cancelled and we had to "wait" for others and wait for the "paperwork to get done." We left the gate but got put in the penalty box because of airtraffic control. We finally took off about 45 minutes late.

As we got to crusing altitude, the pilot came on and said we had to slow down because of the traffic heading into PHL and the other northeast airports (the storms earlier did a number on the delays!). Well, we started our decent into PHL, and we were landing toward the north, or whatever direction the main concourses at PHL run from B-C to E). We were about 200 to 250 feet off the ground when the pilot gunned the engines, put up the landing gear and climbed back out. The tail wind got very strong and was over the FAA limits. So we, and all other traffic had to circle while the airport changed runways. (I got the "go around" on video as well *lol*).

We finally land and we got off the main runway where we sat for about 40 minutes because of a disabled aircraft. Then they had us go around what appeared to be construction-i could not get a good look because it was dark and i was on the other side of the plane. We finally get to the gate and off the aircraft and got off. There were tons of people in the gate area and it was midnight! I got down to the baggage claim where we waited for another 45 mintues for our bags to come out. In the meantime there were mounds and mounds of luggage that went on other flights, etc. because of cancellations, delays. I have video of that as well Smile I finally got a car and left the airport at 1:45 am...i was supposed to land at 10:30pm!

Tonight i head back to IND but i am taking AirTran via ATL--talking about a long and out of the way trip *lol* But hopefully this trip will go better Smile

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  A birdie told me about Cancun

Pages(s):  1