Author

Indy

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:05:59 pm

Indy
Site Admin

What is NW doing? I see they dropped MKE-LAS/LAX/MCO . They are also making IND-SFO seasonal. Service ends Jan 2nd and returns May 1st. I didn't realize SFO was a seasonal destination. What else is coming up? I suspect that isn't the last of the schedule changes for 1Q 2007.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:33:12 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Just wondering - are you SURE these changes are final? I know Jan isn't that far off, so it's not likely that the schedules aren't made for winter/spring yet. But I've seen it happen where airlines take stuff off their schedules while moving things around. Is it possible that the MKE flights are just temporarily not showing in the sched? 'Cause otherwise, it looks like they're de-focusing on MKE a bit. The SFO change, if it's real, is a bit concerning. But if NW is bagging the flight, I'm guessing it has something to do with both CO and UA offering cnxn fares around half the price of the NW fare, and the time for the once-a-day NW flight is really inconvenient. It leaves just before noon and gets to Indy around 7. Not exactly a business-friendly time.

**correction - despite the unusual times, it looks like many of those flights are completely sold out in coach through December. So maybe the flight IS doing well. So I'm at a loss as to why they'd be axeing the flight.

****OK - I'm seeing some strange things on ITA regarding this flight. All the one-way fares SFO to IND are coming back at $464 for the last 30 days of this flight, in coach. But when I search under a standard one-way with a specific date, all the fares come up as $464 in First. Maybe the reservation system is screwed up or something. In any case, perhaps we can get confirmation of the SFO route change from someone at NW?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Boofer

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:42:34 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I'm recalling that NW added IND-SFO after FL did the same. Maybe now that FL isn't running this route, NW is cutting it back, too. Strange games these airlines play from time to time.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55:33 pm

this is typical of Northwest and another reason why it is a shame they are doing business here in Indianapolis. they'll add routes to deter the competition then drop the routes when the competition is gone. all it does is end a good thing for the airport and air travelers.

perhaps AirTran though plans on bringing back the flight in the spring. i hope so, but we shall see. even so, it is annoying that such service does not remain stable year around.

Indy

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:49:45 am

Indy
Site Admin

AirTran brings back IND-SFO on May 8th. NW brings it back 1 week sooner.

wanderer

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 05:17:09 pm

stlgph wrote:

this is typical of Northwest and another reason why it is a shame they are doing business here in Indianapolis. they'll add routes to deter the competition then drop the routes when the competition is gone. all it does is end a good thing for the airport and air travelers.

It's called business! NW has done this in so many markets.

I don't think Jan. has been finalized for NW yet - but I have heard SFO goes seasonal.

Indy

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 01:08:34 am

Indy
Site Admin

To me it doesn't make sense since SFO (unlike SEA) isn't a seasonal destination.

wanderer

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 06:16:23 pm

I don't get it either...but I bet it has to do with AirTran's seasonal Calif. service.

7E72004

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 07:19:03 pm

AirTran Reporter

I am flying on Northwest from IND-PHL via DTW and my plane leaves at 5:12 pm (11/16). How crowded will it be at that time of day???

Indy

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 07:23:46 pm

Indy
Site Admin

My flight to DTW was full but it was a 10:05 flight. The flight back had a couple of empty seats and it was a very late flight. Don't know the actual load but it was the last flight of the night for NW. Security almost locked off the concourse not realizing the last flight hadn't arrived.

7E72004

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 01:34:51 pm

AirTran Reporter

When NW decided to go with "NWA" on their jets, did anyone from the former group "N.W.A." make any gripes? When i first heard NW was using the "new" slogan, i wondered that.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  Jan NW Schedule Changes

Pages(s):  1