Author

Boofer

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 09:03:29 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I'm flying NW tonight to MCI; flight delayed from the t-storms all over. I don't know if all were aware, but they've now set up all four gates A5 through A8 at the end of the terminal as A&B gates. So that gives them the flexibility to park a mainline jet there or have pax walk out to an RJ.

--Cripes, they just announced that the Philly flight is on FAA ground stop due to t-storms out there, and you should hear these people moaning and groaning. Like it's NW's fault that it's storming. It's f#%*ing summertime, FCOL.---

So anyway, they've split the last four gates in A concourse. And it's about 9 pm now, with 737s parked at A7 and A8 for the night. Can't see if there are any other birds parked for tonight yet; with the delays it could be that they're not arrived yet.

So does this change anyone's thinking on the gate strategy for NW we've been discussing? (i.e., a potential move to C concourse?)

And BTW, there is empty ticket counter space in three spots. Two spots available between Southwest and Frontier. One spot between Frontier and NW. And two other spots around the Midwest counter. So that's five spots total that are unused on the A-B-C side ticket counters. Seems to me that they could squnch everyone down and leave a nice, 5-slot ticket counter for Jet Blue... Very Happy

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:35:26 pm

Indy
Site Admin

No change in thinking on the gates since the A/B arrangement at the end has been in place since at least this past summer. It was like that when I went on my IND-MSP-MCI-MSP-IND mileage run. I stand by my prediction that NW will be moving to "C" as early as this fall. Mr. Green

BTW can you take some pics?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:19:37 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I was gonna take some pics tonight with my phone camera. But with the storms outside and the fluorescent lights inside, the pics didn't look very good. I need to get a better phone or start carrying my digital camera with me when I fly. But then I feel too gadgety - cell phone, bluetooth headset, iPod nano, Bose QCII headphones, and laptop. Can't add a sixth gadget without risk of being more gadgety than Dilbert himself. Wink

Indy

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:26:53 am

Indy
Site Admin

So you are still stuck huh? I swear it is pouring here. I'm gonna start looking for Noah.

Indy

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 07:08:00 am

Indy
Site Admin

I was bored and reading the airport authority meeting minutes. This was from the April 14th, 2006 meeting.

"APPROVAL OF THE AGREEMENT AND LEASE OF PREMISES (SIGNATORY AGREEMENT) WITH SKYWAY AIRLINES, INC.: Upon a motion by Mr. Voorhies, seconded by Mr. Bennett and unanimously passed, approval was given to the Agreement and Lease of Premises (Signatory Agreement) with Skyway Airlines, Inc. The Agreement provides for a term of approximately five years commencing upon execution of this agreement and terminating December 31, 2010 to coincide with other signatory agreements. Annual rental will be $102,440.02."

Could this be part of a deal to rework a contract since it wouldn't be 5 years to Dec 31, 2010? And to coincide with what other signatory agreements? With other Skyway (ie Midwest Connect) agreements or other airline agreements? Meaning if they can't get them all to sign then this agreement is null and void. There is a meeting today at 830am I think. I'll watch for the minutes to be posted and see what was discussed.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 04:31:42 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Since the minutes are from April, it probably means the lease was initially negotiated with a Jan 1 2006 start date - which would be 5 years to Dec 31, 2010. There were probably a couple of issues to be resolved, and those are finally resolved so the contract becomes valid with a back-date of Jan 1, and they have to pay the accrued increase in rent for that period now (assuming it's an increase - otherwise the airport has to pay the accrued decrease in rent). As for the other signatory agreements, it probably refers to agreements on landing fees and other charges at the airport plus minimum pax guarantees or some other kind of risk-sharing or out-clause between Midwest and the airport board.

Indy

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 06:05:10 pm

Indy
Site Admin

That sounds reasonable.

Indy

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 05:28:12 am

Indy
Site Admin

Well well well well well... lookie what is on the agenda for the next Indianapolis Airport Authority board meeting on June 16th 2006 at 8:30am

a) Consider for approval the Fourth Amendment to Agreement and Lease of Premises with Northwest Airlines. The Amendment provides for the addition of space to the Signatory Agreement previously leased under Letter of Agreement and adds an additional kiosk area. Board Paper 109-06

I wonder what the "addition of space to the Signatory Agreement" means?

Indy

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 03:37:48 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Well they posted today that the 4th amendment was approved. Just no details on what the additional space is. They are a little slow at updating the agenda for this Friday's meeting. Three days away and no agenda posted.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  NW A gates

Pages(s):  1