Author

Indy

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 05:28:54 pm

Indy
Site Admin

NW ticket sales for the 2nd LAX flight and the new SFO flight have been great. They seem to be easily outselling AirTran on those routes. NW is also making equipment upgrades for IND this summer including more A319's, a 757-300 and changes from the DC9-30 to the DC9-50. With sales for NW booming at IND and the fact that they held on to all 8 gates makes me wonder if they will be brining back some of the routes that were cut about a year ago due to the mechanics strike and the threat of bankruptcy.

I checked the NW map for IND...

http://www.nwa.com/features/newindservice/

I looked at the source code for the page for hints. There may be hints in the code. The STL route which performed horrible was delete completely from the code. However the others were simply commented out. Does this mean perhaps they are looking to return the other routes like...

DFW, MIA, SRQ, PBI, PHX, DEN and AUS?

It would seem to make sense. Being back up to 26 destinations and around 50+ flights a day would justify the 8 gates. Most of those 7 destinations would likely be 1x daily. DFW and AUS maybe 2x. Running those extra seats through IND would help bring down their cost per passenger by allowing them to spread the lease fees over more seats. $x/125 is better than $x/100. It will help them out on lower margin routes like TPA, PHX, LAS, etc.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 07:14:24 am

Boofer
Site Admin

You clever little monkey. Any way you could actually modify the source code and bring the flights back yourself? Very Happy

I can see 2x to DFW - on a 319, right? 2x to AUS would only be on RJs I would think.

But again...SAN and PDX sure would be nice additions.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 01:05:44 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Actually the 753 to MSP this summer is a 1 stop to PDX.

Boofer

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 04:59:44 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Doesn't count Razz

Indy

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 05:59:03 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I had checked faremeasure.com a while back and the number of people traveling to PDX was quite low. I think the number was less than 100 daily.

Oops.. my mistake. I had been looking at the wrong Portland. lol. According to faremeasure.com 187 people travel to Portland, OR daily. Average roundtrip fare is $334.53. Not a bad fare. Maybe NW eventually picks it up. Doesn't seem too low yield.

Boofer

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 07:57:59 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Yeah, I thought from one of your earlier posts we had concluded that SAN and PDX were the two largest metros without nonstop service from Indy. That's why I keep harping on the issue... Smile

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  Old NW Routes Coming Back?

Pages(s):  1