Author

Indy

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 09:44:03 am

Indy
Site Admin

AirTran is starting to gobble up space. There are two AirTran related items on the agenda for the Airport Authority on Friday. One is to approve the ground handling agreement between AirTran and Skyway Airlines (Midwest Connect) and the relocation of the Skyway leased premises. The other issue is the approval of additional terminal and apron space for AirTran. The rental increase for AirTran would be $363,241.89. That is a significant increase.

c) Consider for approval the Consent to Ground Handling Agreement between AirTran Airways and Skyway Airlines and the Third Amendment to Agreement and Lease of Premises with AirTran Airways for the addition of terminal and apron space to its leased premises. The Amendment provides for an annual rental increase of $363,241.89 at 2006 rates. Board Paper 230-06

d) Consider for approval the First Amendment to Agreement and Lease of Premises with Skyway Airlines for the relocation of its leased premises. The Amendment provides for an annual rental increase of $11,343.64 at 2006 rates. Board Paper 231-06

Back on July 21st when the Airport Authority met they approved additional space for AirTran for $161,029.10 which ended up being additional ticket counter space.

i) Consider for approval the Second Amendment to Agreement and Lease of Premises with AirTran Airways for the addition of terminal space to its leased premises. The Amendment provides for an annual rental increase of $161,029.10 at 2006 rates. Board Paper 135-06

Ticket counter space isn't cheap. Whatever is coming next is going to be twice as expensive. It seems to involve the relocation of Skyway (Midwest Connect). Any guesses?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Indy

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09:08 am

Indy
Site Admin

I have a theory. Skyway is relocating terminal space which could mean a ticket counter. Or it could mean a gate. AirTran's increase is so large that it leads me to believe they are going to officially lease a 3rd gate. Right now they lease 2 and use C10 on a pay per use basis.

Scenario A: Skyway moves their ticket counter over by AirTran since AirTran is picking up the ground handling contract. And AirTran leases gate C10.

Scenario B: Skyway moves to gate C7 (currently common use) and AirTran leases gate C1 currently held by Skyway while keeping C10 as a pay per use gate.

Paintrain

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 09:15:27 pm

would they move frontier operations over near them to

Indy

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 09:46:15 pm

Indy
Site Admin

The more I think about this the more I think that AirTran is just going to lease another gate plus tarmac space.

Forum Index  >  AirTran  >  More AirTran Changes Coming

Pages(s):  1