Author

Indy

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 04:21:47 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I guess FLL wasn't all that successful from IND. May 8th will be the last day for this service. I have yet to see a press release for it. It was pulled from the route map a week or two ago. Now it has been pulled from the online reservation system as well.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 02:07:43 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

As with NW's routes, there is great fanfare when adding routes, near total silence when dropping them.

Was this just a seasonal route for them? Because it seems like the time of year when winter seasonal routes would be cut.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 02:46:21 pm

Indy
Site Admin

It may very well be seasonal. Their online system doesn't allow me to check for tickets beyond early September so I can't see if it comes back in the fall or not. It was a fall addition so it could very well be seasonal.

Additional note:
Looks like one of the ATL-IND flights will be going 737. Its probably the flight that continues to LAX.

stlgph

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 08:28:29 pm

I was always under the impression that in the summer time, given the ATA schedules, traffic from Indianapolis into Ft. Lauderdale did drop much more than Ft. Myers, with the remainder of the traffic going out on cruises on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon sort of thing. Rather than dealing with four day a week operations, it's smarter to chunnel them through Atlanta.

There's only 300 or so on average that go into FLL from IND on a daily basis. The same number or so goes from STL and AA goes from two M80 during the winter times to just one.

Indy

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 05:05:52 am

Indy
Site Admin

Like the SRQ service this route is seasonal and returns on November 15th. I was able to confirm this in the AirTran online reservation system. I'll edit the title of this thread.

Forum Index  >  AirTran  >  AirTran Dropping Ft. Lauderdale From IND (Returns Nov 15)

Pages(s):  1