Author

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 08:23:44 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Does anyone know what building 24 is? It is on airport property. That is about all I know.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:25:55 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

It's similar to Area 51. That's all I can tell you. If you don't hear from me anymore, call Fox Mulder and tell him, "the bird has flown the coop." TELL HIM!

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 01:44:41 am

Indy
Site Admin

I wonder if that is the old express mail facility? Whatever it is the building is being refurbished and will be leased by the Greater Indianapolis Foreign Trade Zone. $488,496 net revenue and a lease term of 10 years. The lease commences on completion of the refurbishment. Other info in the agenda for the airport authority this Friday references refurbishment of office and warehouse space to building 24. Whatever that is.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Skippie

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 01:02:12 pm

I didn't think the USPS facility lease didn't end for several more years yet. They do still use that bldg, just not the ramp space for a/c.

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

Skippie

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 01:33:48 pm

The USPS lease doesn't end until 2012.

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

Boofer

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 02:08:27 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Skippie wrote:

The USPS lease doesn't end until 2012.

Which explains why the city and state haven't been in any hurry to find a tenant for that facility, as opposed to the UA Maintenance Barn.

I just landed on NW 4783 BOS-IND (3+ hrs late!) on 23R, so we drove right past the USPS facility. There was a USPS trailer and 2 or 3 mail trucks out in front of the building, plus a bunch of orange safety cones. So as Skippie pointed out, they seem to still be using it.

Could bldg 24 be the one where they're putting in the pharmacy operation? I'd have to go back to the IBJ from a few weeks ago to recall the details. But there is a mail-order pharmacy operation going in on airport property, and I remember thinking it was in an unusual building. Actually, I think it was in the UA Maintenance Barn, so maybe I'm off base. But it could have something to do with that.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10:34 am

Surprised WHAT THE 24? WEhen did this come about Confused:

Remote Image

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Building 24?

Pages(s):  1