Author

Kirok

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 07:47:36 pm

Kirok

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering about the local airline job scene as of lately. I keep having the same problems with CareerBuilder.com (Be a TV extra!) and am at wits end with that, so I thought Iâ??d give this board a try.

Anyway, Iâ??m one of the few ATAâ??ers who after three years is still trying to find an enjoyable job with some respectable airline. I LOVED working for ATA, did for six years, met & married my wife there, and it was a like a bullet through the heart when the both of us got let go. So I guess Iâ??m just curious what airline jobs are still in Indy. Heck, Iâ??m willing to throw bags at this point. Aviation is just in my blood.

I know most carriers have the formal website application process, but was just curious if there were any base managers who might see this and give a guy a shot. I donâ??t mean to sound desperate, but like in any other industry, itâ??s who you know.

Iâ??ve noticed that NWA is continually looking for handlers, and honestly, I donâ??t get a good vibe since they seem to have a weekly ad running on a continuous cycle.

Ideas? Suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirok

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 08:21:00 pm

Indy
Site Admin

NW does hire a bunch of luggage handlers. But you'll see Republic hiring quite often as well.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Kirok

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 04:34:20 pm

Kirok

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the Republic site.

wanderer

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:08:14 pm

Most of the airlines are hiring for luggage handlers. AirTran and NWA have frequent ads. Unfortunately, the market is difficult to hire in.

If you have experience, I would try both.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Help with job leads?

Pages(s):  1