Author

7E72004

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:17:48 am

AirTran Reporter

WHen i was waiting for my flight from IAD to ATL on Sunday, i took a walk all over the airport. I went down to the C concourse to catch some photos/video of a 747 and 777. As i was walking i looked into the smoking room where all of the smokers go to suck on their cancer sticks. What i saw was probably one of the most alarming things i have seen...there was a lady with a newborn baby in there. THe mother was smoking away, along with a bunch of others. I had to stand there for a minute to make sure i wasn't seeing things. I pulled out my phone camera/video and took a video of it from the outside. I was thinking about saying something but didn't because i did not want to cause a scene. WHen i got home, i wished i would have said something. Has anyone ever seen anything like that?? I have a problem with parents who smoke with their kids in the car, etc..a lady with a newborn baby smoking in the smoking room...unbelievable!

Indy

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 01:26:29 am

Indy
Site Admin

That is a pretty impressive low if you ask me. Personally nobody under the age of 18 should be allowed in a smoking room.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

ATAIndy

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 09:23:58 pm

ATAIndy

Yeah, I remember walking past the smoking room in DEN where I saw little kids holding hands with their parents in second hand smoke filled glass box.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

Boofer

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 09:53:26 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I totally agree with your outrage, dude. But you're better off just not saying anything. Some people are going to be idiots, and in the end it's none of your business. Unless you see a kid that is in imminent danger, best to stay out of it. And no, the baby wasn't in imminent danger.

Having said all that, why do we still have dingy, smoky rooms in airports where people light up? Screw them. People do not have a right to light small fires in public and pollute the air with the residue.

I was picking up my wife from IND last Saturday and brought my son along. He was all excited that Mommy was coming home from her trip, and we had to walk right past two airport employees sitting on a bench by the drop-off lane puffing away, surrounded by a cloud of their smoke. I hate having to walk through people's cigarrette smoke. It's unhealthy, disgusting, smelly, and annoying. I can't wait 'til IND's campus-wide smoking ban takes effect. Kudos to the airport board for doing it, and screw those people who can't sack up enough to break their habit and control their own behavior.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:13:53 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Bravo. Great rant Smile

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:18:48 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Thank you. I'll hop down off my soap box now... Cool

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Mother with newborn in IAD smoking room!

Pages(s):  1