Author

stlgph

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 08:23:55 pm

http://www.wlfi.com/dsp_story....d=86078&RequestTimeout=500

The Indianapolis Airport Authority voted today to consider a proposal to close the airport's public smoking room this summer and prohibit smoking on all airport-owned property by next year.

The ban would also prohibit passengers and workers from smoking outside airport buildings.

All eight members of the Airport Authority board voted to move forward with the proposal. A public hearing is scheduled for June first, with the board expected to vote June 15th on whether to adopt the ban.

The public smoking room would close July 31st and the ban on smoking on all airport property would take effect January first.

Indianapolis airport officials say the smoking room is used mostly be employees.

A new 40-gate terminal building is scheduled to open late next year.

Boofer

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 02:51:51 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I could give a sh*t if people want to smoke. But I'm tired of walking through their smoke outside of every entrance to the airport. That's what this change in policy would do for me.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

7E72004

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 01:40:37 pm

AirTran Reporter

I agree. Especially when the new terminal opens...I think we want to make the experience pleasant for the people who fly into Indy instead of making it look like a slum.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Airport Smoking Room Gone?

Pages(s):  1