Author

stlgph

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 09:48:06 pm

Weird! I'm doing my "first trip home" after from moving away. It is a strange feeling that my home airport at one time is now my destination airport. I'm also renting a car, as of now.

This trip is in July for the 4th, btw.

So, anyway, flight is at 6am. Rental car return opens at 5am. Is this cutting it rather close? I hear all the horror stories of sitting and waiting to get through security.

Indy

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37:05 am

Indy
Site Admin

Wow that cuts it really close.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

stlgph

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:23:10 pm

That's what I was thinking/fearing.

I might end up just taking the Lafayette Limo up to Lafayette and then perhaps arranging a ride from there.

Or something.

And then having my parents drive me back on the morning of the 5th so I can avoid having to return a rental car, etc.

I think that is the better idea. I have to be in Omaha ASAP on the 5th.

Boofer

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:53:09 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Just use the after-hours drop for your rental car return. It's a piece of cake. Write the mileage and fuel level on the rental agreement, drop it and your keys in the box, and go to the gate.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 08:24:53 pm

Boofer wrote:

Just use the after-hours drop for your rental car return. It's a piece of cake. Write the mileage and fuel level on the rental agreement, drop it and your keys in the box, and go to the gate.

Where is the rental car drop off area, exactly? Is it off of High School Road?

Boofer

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 02:50:10 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Check with the car agency exactly. But I believe you just write your mileage and fuel level down and drop it with the keys in the little building out at the lot. Then there should be a bus to take you in. If not, then they'll have another procedure for after-hours drop. But call the local Indy office; they'll give you the scoop.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Flight into IND

Pages(s):  1