Author

Indy

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 03:52:59 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I was looking up information on the Conrad and I am very impressed. I believe it was Expedia Insiders had it rated as the #27 best hotel in the world. The rooms are a bit pricey. A corner suite was listed in mid June as just over $500 a night. I don't know if that is a cheap stay for that room or normal. But the room photos looked amazing. I'd love to give it a try once. If you've stayed there please share your experience.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:27:39 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I haven't stayed there yet, but I have a customer who has. He said it's definitely the nicest hotel in town, and very nice by world standards. But you don't need to pay $500 for a room. They often have rooms for under $200 during slow periods.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

duck

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 03:15:40 pm

I've stayed there twice, both times comped in some way or another. It's what you would expect from a truly world class hotel, perfect down to the last detail. Most comfortable bed I've slept in, huge plasma tv, marble everywhere in the bath room, Molton Brown toiletries, bath tub big enough for two, glassed in shower with five shower heads, one aimed right at your crotch, two terry cloth robes and slippers. I stayed there when it just opened so everything smelled so new, particularly the walnut chest and drawers. The best part I think is that they don't close the pool down at night, so you can go for a midnight swim, when no one is there. 5 degrees outside, but the heated pool inside, doing the backstroke and above you only glass as you watch the snow fall. Truly I felt I had the experience of the elite. Next time I'm ordering room service for brunch before I check out, with champagne of course.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Has anyone stayed at the Conrad?

Pages(s):  1