Author

chevyman2482

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 01:58:03 am

Hey guys....I'm taking a trip out to denver on the 17th of February and was curious as to what i can take in my luggage.....My only carry on is my laptop. I have heard i can take full size bottles of like body wash as long as it goes in my checked luggage. I haven't flown since 2006 so I'm not sure what all has changed.

P.S. I will try and get some good shots at the airports I'm at(Atlanta and Denver)

Thanks Steve-o

ChevyMan

Indy

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 06:02:29 am

Indy
Site Admin

It is probably ok in your checked luggage. The problem has always been the carry on items. Want to know the sure way to get your luggage searched many times over? Do what I did by mistake. I had my suitcase stored in the garage. It was stacked on a box that used to have fireworks in it. I didn't think about it until my bag was already checked in. I got to NY and had a couple of TSA notes inside my bag stating it had been searched. I also got a note on my return trip. Their scanners must have picked up the residue from the fireworks box. That is all I can think of. Oops. lol

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

chevyman2482

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20:49 am

It just crazy how the tiniest things can create such problems when trying to go somewhere, but thanks for the tip. I was under the impression that I could bring it I just wanted to get a second opinion from a frequent flyer.

ChevyMan

Indy

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 04:35:23 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I haven't been on a flight in a year so my info is a bit dated. I thought the rule was anything over so many ounces had to be packed in your bag and checked.

This page might help...

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

chevyman2482

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 03:29:09 am

much appreciated indy....thanks again

ChevyMan

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  Question about things allowed on a flight

Pages(s):  1