Author

Boofer

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:51:30 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Flew out of A6 this morning. I noticed that there are vertical grey vinyl panels, about 6' high and 4' wide, at gates A3, A5, and A7. At first, I thought they were big advertisement signs at the gates that were covered up so as not to be revealed until some future time. But I looked very closely at them, and they're just grey vinyl panels. It seems that maybe they're dividers of some sort to keep people from walking behind the gate desk or something. Anyone else seen these and know what they're for? Odd...

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:17:42 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Not sure. I'll be there on Thursday and I'll ask about it. Or you may be back before then and you can ask about it and let us know Smile. Maybe they are going to place advertising on it?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 04:31:36 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Those could be panels going up where they will post the signs celebrating Indianapolis' first ever nonstop service to Europe Very Happy

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 09:30:23 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I'm betting Wanderer knows what these are for. Maybe he'll be on the site in the next couple of days. If not I'll find out on Thursday and post my findings some time on Friday when I am in Germany.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 03:27:18 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Indy wrote:

Maybe they are going to place advertising on it?

Well, that was my first impression. They looked like advertising panels, and I thought the grey material was a cover over the advertising to be kept covered until the time it can be revealed. But when I got closer, I saw that the grey vinyl isn't covering anything; rather, it's the whole thing in its entirety. I suppose the advertising could go on the grey panels, but when I've seen these kinds of things before, the advertising was one piece in itself. See what you think on Thurs.

And believe me Smile ...the first thing I thought of was that they had ads underneath there announcing some great new nonstop service (like AMS! or perhaps SAN!).

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 03:38:24 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I don't think they'd cover it. It would be too easy for someone to peek (not like I'd do something like that lol) under it and get a look. The advertisements would likely go up within minutes of the route being announced. It is also possible that advertisements will be placed on there to promote new service to AUS and SAT and they just haven't gotten everything set up yet.

ATAIndy

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 05:08:11 pm

ATAIndy

Yeah, the new Texas service was what I was thinking too.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

wanderer

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:03:14 pm

Maybe they are just really ugly sun shades so the gate agents can see the computers when the sun shines through the windows and right on the computers!?

Mr. Green

Indy

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 01:14:56 am

Indy
Site Admin

wanderer wrote:

Maybe they are just really ugly sun shades so the gate agents can see the computers when the sun shines through the windows and right on the computers!?

Mr. Green

Yup. That they are.

wanderer

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 09:42:43 pm

very ugly. goes well with the terminal.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  Grey Vinyl Panels

Pages(s):  1