Author

Indy

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 01:44:05 am

Indy
Site Admin

I saw this over on airliners.net. It was a list of NW routes ranked by RASM. The IND routes are in pretty bad shape.

#154 IND-LGA
#168 IND-LAX
#177 IND-LAS
#178 IND-MCO
#179 IND-TPA
#181 IND-SFO

Now keep in mind this is only half the equation. Don't know what the CASM is. If they are ranked this poorly how bad would it be if you add additional miles by building in a connection? That would diminish your RASM and increase your CASM. I'd like to know the other half of the equation to see how this station really ranks.

As far as RASM goes IND is the 72nd ranked station. But then again DTW is 67th and MSP is 64th. So we aren't alone. I'm guessing the CASM at IND is much lower than MSP and DTW.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04:40 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Well, routes such as IND-LGA, LAS, MCO, and TPA have survived all the revisions of the focus city strategy since its inception. So I'm guessing the routes are indeed pretty profitable. You're right that RASM isn't the right metric. You need RASM-CASM, or Pi-ASM if you get my drift.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 06:22:46 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I heard from someone else that IND is indeed doomed. We'll see if that actually happens but supposedly IND service is going to be gutted. Good timing with that terminal opening huh? Not like I was going to do business with DL anyway.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 07:02:35 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Some schedule changes were bound to happen with CVG being so close. But they're gonna be stuck with 8 gates at the new terminal, right? Anyway, I suspect that many of the NW routes will remain, especially those to LGA, BOS, PHL, and DCA. Hopefully RDU will also remain. The west coast routes, if they don't remain under DL+NW, would probably get picked up by another carrier.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 07:19:03 pm

Indy
Site Admin

NW has 9 gates and DL has 3.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 06:59:13 pm

Do you think the airport officials may know something that the general public doesn't? I've heard that most of NW's Indy routes are pretty sucessful. The Indy residents seem to be pretty receptive to their expanded service since the demise of ATA. I still keep hearing that they put NW/DL in the same concourse with the Int'l Arrivals gates for a reason. Perhaps they're anticipating something that we don't know about. I've heard from numerous NW employees that int'l service will be added in the future.

Indy

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 07:44:26 pm

Indy
Site Admin

If these other cities continue to land TATL service and we cannot it is to me a big black mark against the airport authority.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 09:41:57 am

Indy wrote:

If these other cities continue to land TATL service and we cannot it is to me a big black mark against the airport authority.

Agreed.

Indy

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 02:27:15 pm

Indy
Site Admin

According to an Airliners.net thread two NW routes are toast come February and BDL is getting slashed to 1x daily.

http://www.airliners.net/aviat...al_aviation/read.main/4220939/

Are there problem with the routes or is this related to Pinnacle? Pinnacle service seems to be slowly going away here. The routes tend to be replaced by Mesaba or Compass.

Indy

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 06:57:40 pm

Indy
Site Admin

AUS and SAT ends Jan 4th.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  Are NW IND Routes Doomed?

Pages(s):  1