Author

Indy

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 03:54:45 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Northwest Airlines has selected a company called Skytanking to handle the fueling needs at the new terminal. They will not be using Signature. Does anyone know anything about this new company?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 07:50:36 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Never heard of it, but it sounds funny. Like getting tanked in the sky. "I'll have two more Seagrams 7's, please"

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

rw175

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 08:46:34 pm

http://www.skytanking.com

Here's their website.

Fly RW

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 09:29:45 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I'm surprised no one is making hay out of the fact that the business is German. They're foreigners, after all - just like the evil Spanish-Aussie company that Mitch "sold" the Tollway to.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 09:30:32 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

And I still think it's funny.

"Dude, I got sooooo Skytanked on my flight from L.A.!"

Indy

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:27:21 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Wouldn't it be funny if the sold advertising space on their vehicles to alcohol companies? Getting tanked sponsored by Budweiser or something crazy like that Smile

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:31:42 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I wouldn't ever be surprised by where advertisements show up. With the shape the airlines are in, they ought to sell ad space on the back of the seats. Maybe even sell flight sponsorships - the flight attendant will say, "Thank you for flying flight 1007 from Detroit to Indianapolis. Today's flight is brought to you by Pepperidge Farm." And then we'd all get Milano cookies or something. Or "Today's flight is sponsored by Charmin. If you use the lavatory, be sure to enjoy the softness of the Charmin toilet paper." And then we all get Charmin coupons.

Don't laugh - it's actually a hell of an idea, IIDSSM.

Indy

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35:02 pm

Indy
Site Admin

So if it happens do we get to blame you? Very Happy

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:47:58 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Yes, blame me as I'm counting my millions.

Seriously - don't you wish you were the guy who thought to put advertisements above urinals in restaurants?

And wouldn't you put up with some advertisements and product promotions on flights if it improved service and kept fares low? I would. You could even sponsor the plane. There are already special aircraft, like CO's Peter Max 777, special Disney planes on Southwest, and the Danica Patrick Airtran bird. Why not have the Sony Blu-Ray Northwest 747? Or the United Express E70's Brought to You by Target? I recently saw an article about a company putting advertisements on the baggage-claim carousel panels, which described the fact that you have a captive audience standing by the carousel for 10-15 minutes at a time. IND has Chase Bank advertising the electrical outlets, for crying out loud. It's the natural next step.

Indy

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00:49 am

Indy
Site Admin

There are advertisements above urinals?

ATAIndy

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 03:04:05 pm

ATAIndy

Yeah at Conseco Fieldhouse there are, and newspapers too. Ryanair advertises on seatbacks and overhead bins on their planes.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

wanderer

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:46:44 pm

Skytanking can be found at airports all over the country. They are similar to Signature.

It is my understanding that they will be doing ALL of the fueling at the new terminal (they purchased the rights to the in ground fuelingat teh new terminal).

wanderer

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:48:19 pm

on a related note, a number of airlines just signed an agreement with a company that would provide advertisements on your boarding pass when you check in at home (the ads will be tailored to your destination.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:34:07 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

According to their website, they have fueling ops at MUC, BRU, OST, PHL, MDW, MCO, ATL, DEN, RDU, ZRH, VIE, FLL, DAL, ELP, TUL, and BLR.

(I'll give you OST and BLR, because I didn't know the codes either - it's Ostend-Brugges, Belgium and Bangalore, India)

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  Northwest Airlines & Skytanking

Pages(s):  1