Author

Boofer

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 08:43:02 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Continental Airlines to Launch Inaugural Flight From Indy to GermanyContinental Airlines officials will this afternoon celebrate inaugural service between Indianapolis, Newark, N.J. and Cologne, Germany, which is Indianapolis' sister city. Nearly a dozen Indianapolis business officials will be flying from Indianapolis to Newark to mark the first flight to Cologne.

When I first saw this headline from Inside Indiana Business, I thought it was a joke. Turns out it isn't a joke, but it is misleading. CO has launched service from EWR to Cologne, Germany, which is Indy's sister city. It's flight 110 on a 757-200. They haven't added any Indy flights to EWR, and it's not even like flight 110 starts in Indy and continues on to Germany. Not even with a "scheduled aircraft change," which is the cheesy way many airlines make it seem that they offer service from Smalltown, USA to Gigantopolis, England or whatever. No, it's just a gimmick from CO to promote their flight to Cologne, playing on the fact that it's Indy's sister city. How many people actually know that Cologne is our sister city? And do we really need a dozen Indy officials to participate in this prank?

Message to Continental Airlines: Get Real. Give us real service from Indy to Europe, and then maybe we'll sit up and pay attention.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:56:38 am

Indy
Site Admin

It is a pretty lame PR stunt. No idea who made up the link between Indianapolis and Cologne, Germany. I've been there many times and I just don't see the connection.

BTW if CO actually did start IND-CGN service I'd be on the first flight. Its maybe a 20 to 30 minute train ride to my Mom's place. I was at the CGN airport a year ago. Not a bad place.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Continental Airlines  >  Continental Launches Flights From Indy to Germany

Pages(s):  1