Author

Indy

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 09:37:09 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Has there been any word or any progress made toward getting an IND-Asia flight? It looks like DTW may be losing DTW-HKG. Maybe DL could relocate that equipment to IND for an IND-NRT run. Its the perfect route and a plane like that would have tons of space for cargo. Is this doable with IND being a good cargo facility and Indiana having such a significant Japanese business influence?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

FedEx

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34:11 pm

It is true Detroit is losing their Hong Kong route on August 30th of this year. Maybe Indy has a shot at picking up a route to Asia.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:50:24 am

Indy,

I havent heard much else about it either as I was wondering about it myself. There hasn't been any else said on how the meeting with United went regarding possible SFO service. They could still be in negotiations or having ongoing meetings. I know the daily traffic is definitely there. I remember reading in the Indianapolis Business Journal that the new airport leaders put a team in place whose sole responsibility is to attract new service. I guess we'll have to sit tight and be patient to see how this all will shake out.

Cheers,

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Any word on IND-Asia?

Pages(s):  1